Thursday, November 04, 2010

A Song

There was a song we used to sing in Sunday School when I was a young girl.

I have never understood it.

I wish I had a little black box
To put my Jesus in
I'd take Him out and
[kiss kiss kiss]
Then put Him back again!


As I'm typing this, Glenna is correcting me. She says Jesus goes in the white box and the devil goes in the black box. She also says that the last words are "and put Him right back in."

I still don't understand it.

White box or black box, I don't want my Savior in a box.

Now Glenna's telling me that the devil gets spankings instead of kisses and tossed back in the box, while Jesus gets kisses and then He's shared with a friend.

Why didn't my lame-o Sunday School teacher tell me THAT? (Yes, I said lame-o, and he was kind of a creeper. No Mom, he never did anything creepy, he just put Jesus in a box.)

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker