Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sunrise to Sunset

We have lived in Florida for 11 years, but we have never participated in the tradition of watching the sun rise on the east coast and set on the west coast. With Vincent visiting from France, we decided this was a prime opportunity to do so!

There's only one flaw in this plan:

Yes, I blinded everyone in the car with this shot. That's a.m., folks!


The other problem with this plan is that this is the week Florida decided to rain non-stop. We didn't let it hinder us too badly, though, and actually had a great experience from it.








Most of these pictures look like they were taken inside an ice cave. It was quiet and peaceful on the beach at that hour. We never actually got to see the orb of the sun rise because of the clouds, but we got some beautiful glimpses of the sunrise.




Mistake #1: We decided not to swim here, but to go on to the next event.



















We spent the next 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get the top down on the Jeep rental. Himself chose the Jeep when his car was being repaired, correctly thinking it would be great for a beach day.

With the girls, anything is an adventure! Having the top down added an element of cool that was only enhanced by the Police CD blaring from Kelly's iPod.




This is the last time we saw this hat.







Here I am.


I absolutely HATE having my hair whipped around in a car. It gets into my chapstick, it becomes snarled and full of knots, and it never fully recovers and looks horrible the rest of the day.

I decided it wasn't about ME, however, and took one for the team. These photos show me trying to make the best of it.








Trick photography, and my typical view of Vincent.




Next stop: That's going to leave a stain.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I'm singing "Sunrise, sunset" over and over in my head, and I really want to watch Fiddler on the Roof! :)

Raquel said...

Oh yes, Glenna told me about your...adventure. :)

Matt said...

So when did y'all do this, what day? Haha and I see no Tyler here...:)

Mrs said...

Barnabas, Ty had to work! We went last Tuesday, so the 7th? It was the week Himself took off from work and rained almost the entire time!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker