Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Good Day

Just before Kelly left for Ukraine, this typical scene . . .

. . . would become the atypical scene. This blurry photo captured the last night all three of my children lived under the same roof.


The first week of June, Ty moved into his own apartment!

The pile of items continued to grow in the family room.
In fact, now that they're gone, Jessie remarked that our room looks so spacious!



Unlike his brief move to Tennessee, however, this time I was able to be fully involved. I was able to shop to my heart's content (and wallet's limit) to bless him one more time.
I was able to hang the towels and straighten them on the towel bar.


We watched as he assembled his new dining chairs.



We planned furniture placement and kitchen arrangement.
Jessie's sitting near where the couch would be.



The next day, we moved the large items up three flights of stairs (and I use the term "we" very, very loosely), fluffed pillows, made the bed, filled the fridge, and went home.

Without him.


And God saw that it was good.


And it is.

2 comments:

agable said...

I want to be as awesome a mother as you are. The fact that your kids not just love you, but really LIKE you and enjoy your company speaks to the amazing parenting you and John have done. You inspire all of the new parents out there!

Mrs said...

All glory to the Lord, Angela! Apart from Him we are lost and would have continued in harmful patterns. I praise Him!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker