Thursday, May 03, 2007

Murphy's Law, Welsh version

Here are some random observations:

If you have clean laundry on the couch, including underwear, that's when the band comes over.

If you don't put your make-up on because you'll "just be working at home today," you'll have to run errands or drive your kid somewhere.

If you say something you shouldn't and then try to fix it, you'll just make it worse.

If you work all morning and get a ton of stuff done, but then sit down at the computer to take a 5 min. break, that's when your husband will come home.

When you don't feel like talking to anyone, the next five phone calls will be for you, AND, your kid (pick one) will have a question every five minutes or less.

If you go to sneak the last piece of cake, you'll find someone beat you to it.

If you put off cleaning the bathroom until "later," three guests will come and ask to use it. (If one of them in Cindy Pilling, you'll also be out of toilet paper for some strange reason we've never figured out!)

If your evening dinner plan is to just throw stuff together so your family won't starve, you'll end up feeding the youth pastor, also. (He must think I'm the weirdest cook, ever.)

If you're feeling grouchy, your kids will make you smile by the end of the day (at least mine do)!

3 comments:

ThriveYouth said...

Don't feel bad, this happens to me ALL the time.

My version is stated this way: "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong, and it'll always happen to Jessie."

I guess I've learned to [try] and laugh it off.

P.S.
Did I mention how excited I am that the SATs are overrrr?!? :D

ThriveYouth said...

The AC was broken in MY classroom last time at the SAT. I wore long-sleeves to brave the cold that day. =/

And somehow, that same time, my ticket managed to get lost between car swaps. I realized it just as it was my turn to go through my line. Of course. ;] A quick/long jog to the car and back proved that it was nowhere to be found. They let me in anyway. Phew.

I think everyone was getting nervous standing in line with me. haha.
We ((My cousin Katie, Jessica Yap, the Matts (Icardi and Snyder), Tyler and I)) all made it into the same classroom. We met up with Zach at Firehouse.

Oh, and who forgot her ticket to see Spider-Man?
Hm, maybe I'm just forgetful. Or a headless chicken. I do try. Really, I do. ;] But if anyone is going to get a stain on his white shirt (Piano Quartet "Uniform") 10 minutes before the recital, I assure you, it will be me. And it was. :]

Hope you guys made some good money for camp!!

ThriveYouth said...

thank you for your encouragement!

I do so love those verses :D
2 days, 2 hours and 1 minute until cornerstone!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker