Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Two-fer

I know I already posted one blog today, but here's another.

We are finishing our 9th year of home school this month! Ty wants to move on, and here he has THREE celebrations of his graduation. One for our church seniors, one for State Home School graduates, and one for our umbrella school. Man! I wish we had all just taken the month off. He seriously is only going through with everything for me. Nice kid.

At the end of each year, I take a few minutes to ponder the "regrets" of things I didn't get to, the celebration of our accomplishments, and the resolution to "do things differently" next year! My sincere hope is that our school room will be finished by the time school starts next year, so there will be less mess in our home and I'll have everything in one place.

*[School room update: the part needed for the nail gun finally came in the mail, and John's putting it in right now!]

I'll miss Tyler, but I certainly won't miss having to home school him. We would get along so GREAT during the summer, then struggle the rest of the year. This year was our best year yet with his efforts and attitude, for which I am so grateful.

I hope to focus more on Glenna. Kelly's such a great self-starter and I never have to worry about her finishing school, while my sweet Glenna is the one I have to constantly pull out of the tree or dirt and call her back to task. We had one glorious semester where she would do all her school FIRST, then spend the rest of the day being a kid. I loved that! This year, teaching the English classes here was a new experience. I'll know more of what to expect.

The home school convention is next weekend (along with Ty's graduation ceremony). I look forward to the encouragement and recharging I get each time I go! I love getting the things I need for next year (without paying shipping!) and talking to other home school families. I'm reminded again and again WHY we made this most difficult choice to bring our kids home and teach them ourselves. It's the hardest thing I've ever done; it's the best thing I've ever done.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Congrats to you and Tyler! Where will he be going next?

Mrs said...

He's going to get his two year AS at Valencia, then we'll see what God has for him after that. I'm glad he'll be home a while longer!

ThriveYouth said...

What a lovely party.
Casual and relaxed, and very well put-together. :]

Perhaps I'll be seeing you Welshes tomorrow, but I certainly understand if I don't; those graduations are sooo long. In the past, I've played cards with Haylee and Sierra during the ceremony. Now both of my card buddies will be on stage. :[

Or, you could just wait till next year to come, cause I'll be up there. :D

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker