Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Result of The Reward

Yesterday, I posted the beautiful sunrise that I enjoyed because I get up so early for work.

The downfall, of course, is that I'm very, very tired by the end of the day. I get excited when it's 8 0'clock not because there's some prime time television that I've looked forward to viewing, but because I know that bedtime is that. Much. Closer.

Most days, I crash around mid-afternoon and have to take a nap. I'm about ready to give up this habit, though, but mainly when Himself is in town.

Like Pavlov's dog trained to salivate when a bell is rung, I believe Himself has been wired to open and shut our carport door 40 bazillion times the second I fall asleep for a nap. This wouldn't be so bad and I would probably continue sleeping if it weren't for one detail:

The Alarm.

Since our break-in last year, we have had an alarm system installed. It gives me some degree of peace when I'm at work and Glenna is home, knowing she has a panic button that will bring help immediately.

The Alarm system also alerts us each time any door is opened. In a cheerful, slightly British voice it announces, "Back Door" or "Front Door," and then loudly beeps. Twice.

"Back Door." Beep Beep!

"Front Door." Beep beep!

So, this it what it looks like when you're up early enough to see the sunrise and your husband continually wakes you from any attempted nap:

I'm just keepin' it real, folks. Just keepin' it real.

Beep beep!

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker