Sunday, February 18, 2007

JV Games!

I had so much fun with the JV at the Trek 24/7 Games! We placed dead last on our circle, but we had clean runs of every game, great attitudes, and tons of laughs. When line judges come to me after the games to say, "You have some GREAT kids, Coach!" it's all worth it to me, especially when there were some poor sportsmanship displays around us.



















This is us with our gansta "JV" sign. (See it? The "J" and the "V"? I made it up myself.)


I don't know if I've had a better time and lost so badly before! LOL









In Bible Bowl, we were felled by an article and a conjunction; "the" and "and." When Timothy got up to say a LONG verse, I tracked it carefully in my own notebook. To me, he said it word-perfect, but two judges and the quizmaster said he left out "the," so I had to accept their decision. Jessie left out "and" in the Micah 6:8 verse. Those two little words cost us 80 points and first place! We were dropped down to 7th, and our other team placed 6th. It was all so interesting since none of us had ever quizzed on this material before. I was thankful to see I was on the right track for writing questions for quizzing. There were only a couple I hadn't covered.


A very tiring but VERY good day!

2 comments:

Allie said...

tell Glenna I hope she feels better soon! Hope all is well and that you guys got caught up on some sleep!!

Mrs said...

Thank you, Allie! Right now I'm fighting a migraine, but Glenna's recovery is going remarkably well. The fact that they were able to set the bones in the ER has made all the difference. She can already lift the arm by itself, etc!

Our biggest concern is possible nerve damage. We're also struggling to keep it elevated so her fingers don't look like little sausages. :-)

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker