Thursday, April 26, 2007

AWANA

Last night was our last regular club night for AWANA. Now we just have the AWARDS night and that's it! I can start focusing on VBS.

I know that AWANA, unfortunately, will have to be an area I cut back next year. I will gladly participate as a leader, but if there's no Trek director, there will probably not be Trek. I won't do this again where I sign up as leader and I'm expected to do everything a director does. I feel so badly for the kids because I was only able to give them about a 70% effort! I didn't do half the things I usually do with them, such as a Lil' 500 night, Focus Dinner, and Church-In.

I suppose doing SOMETHING is better than doing nothing, but I know home schooling is my priority over AWANA and my home school year did not go well, either, especially for Glenna. She slid so far under the radar -- it will be interesting to see her test results this year!

Ty has his last Valencia final today at 1:00. He got up early to study but has crashed on the couch. I'll wake him up soon.

1 comment:

ThriveYouth said...

Oh, Mrs. Welsh! All those kids love you. I'm sure any time you can give them (or have given them) means more than you know.

Yay for finals being over!
As of 12:15 today, I am officially out of school (except for the SAT)!

I am so disappointed AWANA is over. :[ I wanted to come more. Perhaps I'll just have to stop in next week.

P.S. You should go and visit little Stephen with me again :D

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker