Monday, September 22, 2008

Falling into Florida

Heard around our house:

Tomorrow is the first day of fall.

Hooray! Only two more months of summer!


It's so hard not to be envious of other bloggers who are reporting frost warnings, a nip in the air, sweaters, and a harvest moon.

In 1995 I had written in my journal, I feel like we're going to be moving out of state. I hope it's anywhere but Florida. How God must have smiled at that! For I know the plans I have for you . . . He had so much to teach us and we had to leave our comfort zone in order for Him to do so. Florida, in this time and in this church body, was perfect.

Last night I was up late talking with the older two. They were expressing their appreciation of the way they have been raised. I felt so blessed.

I may have never wanted to live in Florida, but I am so, so glad to be here.

5 comments:

Joanna K. Harris said...

I'm glad you're here too! =)
Thanks for your prayers.
Love in Jesus,
-Joanna

Anonymous said...

I must say I noticed a very nice breeze today as I sat outside between classes.
Just the thought of sweaters makes me happy! (I'll wear them through the heat and just pretend. ;)


So, so glad God brought you here, too. :D

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

We are not wearing sweaters here yet, but I must confess, I am happy that nippy weather is right around the corner. I have really enjoyed the seasons here...and if one more person here mentioned how 'humid' TN summers were, I was gonna pack 'em in an orange crate and ship 'em south!!

Although I do not miss the weather, I have pined away for my friends. thanks for keeping up with me via my blog. I'm so glad God caused our paths to cross. =)

And, I laughed out loud at your comment on my blog. Really loud. I love you, friend. =)

Anonymous said...

Just think, if you hadn't moved out here, you wouldn't have met ME! :-). Actually, I wouldn't have met you and that would have been a tremendous loss.

Haven't you been enjoying the breeze and "cooler" temps? Our friends from WI are down and asked what the weather was supposed to be like this week. In excitement, we said it's going to be cooler...in the mid 80's..woo hoo! They thought we were nuts. I know it's a teaser but it's giving us a taste of what's to come. I can't wait to change my wardrobe!

Hope you're having a good week. I'll see you tomorrow but here's a pre "happy birthday" to you!

Anonymous said...

A little bird told me it's your birthday today. I hope you have a really good day!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker