Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tangles

Last night, John had to stay over in Sarasota for work. I climbed into the unmade bed and slept with the sheets gloriously tangled and out of order, finding the little niches of warmth where one end was still tucked in. I could pull the blanket over my shoulder and knew no one would roll over and pull it off again.

This morning, I of course woke with cold feet. It was fun while it lasted, but I felt a new determination to make the bed with fresh sheets and have everything nice and neat for him. How does he do that? How does he make me feel his presence when he's not even here? I made the bed not because he's a tyrant who refuses to sleep in wrinkled sheets, but because I know he appreciates "life's simple pleasures," like a freshly made bed, so much.

I played hooky from the Bible study last night and I accomplished so much! Laundry is practically caught up, kitchen and dining room are clean, bills are made out and paid. I'm ready to do school with Glenna, and later with Ty and Kelly. The band is coming over to practice today and I have plenty to do in my room while they occupy the living room. Oh! And I even cleaned out the corner behind the futon in our bedroom! I can step directly to my side of the closet now! Glory!

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker