Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hand Me Downs

I have received yet another hand-me-down from Himself - his Blackberry! (Now, before you start with your jokes about addictions and "crackberries" etc, know that I have not activated the internet for it. I didn't want to pay an EXTRA $30 per month for that.)

Come to think of it, if I weren't so frugal I would be addicted to many, many things! We've often teased our children about being Scots-Irish. The Irish part of them will want to head for the pub, but the Scots part won't want to pay for it. We figure they're safe!

Anyway, I have thus far received Himself's hand-me-down car, laptop, and now phone. Have I mentioned how much I love this company he works for? They're constantly giving him new things!

I've never been afraid of hand-me-downs. My friend Jane used to give me her clothing and I loved it. She was a career gal and always had such nice things. In fact, I remember once when we were flat broke (no, no; this was a while back. Not yesterday.) and my clothing was literally falling apart. I was so fretful about what to do when someone led me to Matthew 6 where it tells us not to worry about what we need (food, drink, clothing) because our heavenly Father knows we need those things. Look how He provides for the sparrow, and aren't we more important to Him than a sparrow?

I felt comforted and didn't say anything to anyone.

Two weeks later, Jane brought me six boxes of clothing.

I have never doubted that God will take care of me since, and He has never failed to do so - even through more dire circumstances.

So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. -Matthew 6:34

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the society! Life shall never be the same.

Seriously though, download the Google Suite, or at least Google Search and Google Maps (if you don't use GMail for email), they are well worth having at your fingertips.

Mrs said...

it's all on there, Mike! I simply can't see paying $30.00 per month to activate it. Perhaps if I WERE driving around all the time, going off to exotic locations like Kissimmee . . . . but alas, my goal is to be home.

Anonymous said...

Haha, apparently my reading comprehension has plummeted. I agree that $30 is pretty steep. But a BB is awfully hefty to be carrying as just a phone.

Mrs said...

Kind of like giving an old cell phone for your kid to play with, huh? ;-)

Actually, it has certainly made texting easier! Plus, the calendar feature is pretty cool. Oh, and the address book. Oh, and the ringtones. . . . did I mention the calculator?

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker