Friday, March 26, 2010

Off for the Weekend

As I may have said before - one never realizes how weird his pets are until he has to explain them to someone else.

My kind neighbors have agreed to check on the dogs for us while we're gone. These are the same neighbors that Glenna has done pet sitting for, so they're glad to do it. They're also the same neighbors who put up with Jack attacking the fence whenever their dogs are nearby! Both of us beat off our dogs and wonder, "Why can't we all just get along?"

Jack has been nicknamed "The Ice Man." Just now he was sitting here, trying to stare me down. Why? He's been outside. He has food. He has water. I am not here to entertain you, dog.

We're off to the high school camp out! This is the last year we have to farm Glenna off to another family for the weekend. Sob. She can't possibly be entering high school next year.

To all our Florida friends; Glenna was only a year old when we got here. There. Feeling old is my gift to you today. I couldn't bear keeping this gift to myself!

If no one hears from me by Monday, call the rangers at the Ocala National Forrest. Or, just send the Ice Man. He'll come right to me and stare me down.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They're not taking YOUR cell phone away, too, are they? I'll text you to check in so we don't have to send Jack over. ;)

P.S. I ate an oatmeal raisin cookie (from Costco) and thought of you. :)

Mrs said...

Mmmm!!! Just as good as Publix!

I'll have my phone, but the reception is poor. I'll be walking around camp and then suddenly, I'll get a text or something from hours prior. It's pretty comical.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker