Saturday, July 03, 2010

It Figures!

I had forgotten that God never fails to teach me a lesson that does not include life-application.

Remember the Humble Pie post about Job? Yeah. It was test time.

Brieanna assured me it wasn't as hurtful as I thought and says she enjoyed reading my blog (Hi Brieanna!). Still, I had violated one of the most basic lessons that I teach my children, my JV AWANA students, or any other students.

Our words must be -

Kind.

Necessary.

True.

Any JV student, past or present, knows exactly what I mean when I hold three fingers in the air. It means something they just said was either unkind, unnecessary, or untrue. It also means an apology is in order!

Ephesians 4:29 "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear."

This is especially true with written words, since voice intonation and inflections aren't apparent. When I read back over my posts, I was sharing humor at the expense of my cast mates, which is something I hate when someone does it to me! (OK . . .with Rony and British Sam, these are things I have said to their faces. Sam's unflappable and Rony is . . . Rony! He loves all attention!)

Brieanna, thank you for the valuable lesson you have taught to me, and for the grace you have extended to me! May I remember and be more gracious to others.

Now, off to storm the castle/mountain!

You guys be safe out there - especially my son who is driving home in the wee hours tomorrow, and especially my loved ones at the crazy celebration in a nearby town. Be safe!

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker