Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Metamorphism of a Living Room

I know this is passive aggressive in note form, but it worked! The piles of band equipment was severely lessened. I am thankful.



On any given day (and if the laundry's done), this is what my living room normally looks like, minus the coffee table:


On any Wednesday (or Sunday if they need it), this is what my living room turns into:


(Note to Grandparents: Ty is putting protection in his ears here.)


That's Beefy behind all the hair.


Yes, Jeremy's belt is pink.


It's days like this when I'm so thankful for our school room. Although the band is great and we love listening to them, they practice for about 4 or 5 hours. It's almost impossible to get anything done while they're here! With the school room, I'm able to grade papers, plan assignments, catch up on Bible study, and help the girls with their work. Even Himself can come out and use laptop and phone without problem.


We've recently added a futon to the school room; perfect for an afternoon nap!


As per BT's request, I'm adding videos of things that happen around my house and in my life. I hope your speakers are able to handle this (and my little camera did a great job of translating all that sound) but I've included a video of the band practicing one of their songs. Yes, I was wearing ear protection while filming.

I love watching Ty play. When the drums were in his room, I would sit on his bed in a position where I could watch his feet. When he first brought home this latest recording and was playing it for Himself, Ty stood behind me and grabbed my hands to play his part, and I rested my feet on his feet so I could feel the bass and hi-hat parts. It was so cool! I don't know how he does it.

On the video, Zach hardly seems to move. This guy is always listening to the songs and seeking ways to improve. Don't mistake his inaction for boredom; he's completely focused. I got close to him at one point, and you can see him begin to break into a smile as I move away. Gotcha! When these guys are playing live, none of them are standing still.



Evangelin - How I Love Ya. I know you'll do great at your show tonight!

6 comments:

Bagel Two said...

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I love to watch artists at work. They are so focused. Ty is especially fascinating--remember how we used to listen to the drums for hours on end, J? (I always wished I had stubborned my mom into letting me do that instead.) Evangelin has a fan in Ohio!

Mrs said...

BT, do you think that's why I ended up marrying one?

Their show tonight was canceled. What a bummer. But, they have one on Friday! Go Evangelin!

Anonymous said...

They are so great at what they do. I, too, love to watch them express their creativity!
I'm glad you posted the video; I sang along and even danced around during the "okay, everybody dance" part. ;]

Raquel said...

how do you get the evangelin banner? i would like it for my blog.

Mrs said...

Rachel, with parental supervision ;-) just click on the banner and it will take you to their myspace page. Jeremy has several; I picked that one. He's going to make one for me that can be posted on the side, since this one's too long. I'll let you know when he does, or you can take one from their page!

Anonymous said...

thanks!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker