Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It All Started with One Photo

A few weeks ago, I received this photo from Himself via email. His Mom had received it from her sister and we all chuckled at the title, "Scary Nana with Black Cats."

She does look a little scary, doesn't she?



I can't help but love the details of the photo. It looks like the cats were given some sort of treat in order to get them into the picture. She's wearing what appears to be a silk or satin dress, sitting ramrod straight in her rocker. The item that strikes me as most interesting, however, is the rolled up paper in her hand. Was this used to swat flies? Cats? Small children?

I began emailing Aunt Mary Ann (the one who first sent the photo) and have received a plethora of photos and stories. I can't wait to share them all here.

Himself is so excited. I have pictures of my ancestors all over the place, but we don't have any of his family. At last, our children can get to know their paternal relatives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo how intriguing! I love old photos. They all have stories to tell. How neat that you're getting to see family photos for the first time!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker