Thursday, August 21, 2008

No Knee Dangling Here

In the previous segment, I mused about whether Mary Agnes ever helped Rosie with the children, played pat-a-cake with them, or dangled them on her knee. I had forgotten about this photo, also sent by Aunt Mary Ann:



Aunt Mary Ann is not even a year old here. She had written in the photo caption, "Hold me! I'm just a baby!"

At least Scary Nana was willing to crack a smile, and she did let go of that rolled-up newspaper! But, why the rug outside? What's the story?

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Don't you think the rug was for the baby to play on? Or it was part of posing to have their picture "made"?

Mrs said...

I hadn't considered that! However, after I read your message there was a phone call from my MIL. She said her Aunt Helen had to bring the rocker and the rug for Nana every time she brought her over for a visit!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker