Saturday, December 05, 2009

The Pain of Loyalty

Becoming a rabid college football fan can be extremely painful!

When I lived in California, we rarely paid attention to college teams. We had so many professional teams to enjoy! I will ever be a Chargers, Padres, and Lakers fan. Forever!

Since moving to Florida, we have caught the passion that comes with being the fan of a college team. There are three sides to choose - Miami (bleh), Florida State (meh), or University of Florida (roaring crowd noise here!). We have pretty much become Gator fans!

For tonight's game, Himself went to a friend's house to watch while I stayed with one-who-needed-to-finish-school-on-a-Saturday. About the third quarter, I decided to see if I could catch the game live on line.

I was in luck, but I didn't like what I saw. Gators were behind!

I knew I needed to hit the shower, so I thought I'd be super clever and put the laptop in the bathroom and take a tub bath. I had everything safely away from the water and tilted at just the right angle. I hopped into the tub and looked triumphantly up at the screen on the bathroom counter.

I couldn't see a thing.

I definitely can't see any distance without my glasses! Since I was already in the tub and my mother's warnings through the ages were ringing in my head, I did NOT try to move the laptop closer. Instead, I fumbled around for my glasses and decided to wash my face last.

I'm sure everyone reading this knows what happened next.

Yes, after 10 minutes, the screen saver came on. [sigh] Fortunately, I could still HEAR the game. UNfortunately, the Gators did not come through with a win. By the time I got out of the tub, I was fighting tears along with our quarterback.

Thank you, Tim Tebow . . . for everything.

I hope we see MANY MORE just like you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saturday was a bad day, and this didn't help at all.
I was receiving text updates while in a practice room at school. :( I feel like I abandoned my team in their moment of need!

Your tribute makes me want to cry. Regardless of what people say, it's not just about a football game!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker