Thursday, October 05, 2006

Is it Fall Yet?

I felt a hint of fall when I went outside yesterday, but today is back to being warm. I'm so looking forward to tea or coffee on the front porch, or in the back yard! I'm looking forward to NOT hearing the hum of the air conditioner. Of course, opening the house means closing the sinuses to allergies. :-)

I had an epiphany yesterday when the girls and I were out looking at a black racer snake in the back yard. It was zipping along through these tiny, white flowers (called weeds!), and around the tiny, yellow flowers falling off the neighbor's tree.

In the back of my mind were all the thoughts of what I "needed" to be doing. Laundry, preparing an AWANA lesson, journaling, writing thank you notes from my birthday, correcting English papers, preparing for a history class, getting dinner going, clearing off my cluttered desk, teaching Glenna about beavers, etc. It's my heart's desire to do all those things, and yet I hardly do any of them well.

And yet, here's perfectly shaped, miniscule flowers crafted by God. A black snake races along without any legs, also designed by God. Two beautiful girls (designed by God) laugh and swing on the tree - designed by God. Not one of these things are less than His exact design and purpose.

I can't do everything well.

God does ALL things well.

I am not God.

Thank God.

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker