Saturday, October 21, 2006

School Room

John received a quarterly bonus, so at last we can begin finishing the garage! We have already installed new windows, a new roll-up door, and new French doors. Now we need to buy furring strips, insulation, and sheet rock (in Cali we call it drywall). Oh, and all the electrical stuff.

There are currently six classes taking place in our home; three English composition, one Spanish 2, and one US History. Oh, and I have co-op with two other families on Monday afternoons.

Is it selfish to want school stuff out so I can have a HOME again? I don't know how Kathy Robertson has done it all these years, teaching classes out of her living room. I know she's taught my own kids for 6 or 7 years, and she's still teaching Kelly this year!

Our hope is to convert the garage into a classroom, and when we're finished with this school stuff it can be a guest house or an office for John. He's using our guest room as an office currently.

I can't wait for work to begin!

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker