Sunday, March 09, 2008

Morbid Humor at the JLW House

I call him the Rag Man.

Himself is down to one pair of jeans, and they're almost not really jeans at all. There are literally threads holding one leg together. These are what he wore to softball Opening Day yesterday, along with an old flannel shirt he took off Danny Ivy in CA one year. This thing's so huge, both of us could fit into it.

This didn't seem to be a problem. I guess Softball People are different from Soccer people, so he fit right in.

On the way there, we decided we needed to get him some jeans next weekend. The following conversation still has me smiling and wondering where my children get their humor:

Himself: Three pair ought to do it.

Me: Should I get size ** x **?

Himself: Oh, I don't know. What if I lose weight?

Me: Then wear a belt! And how exactly are you planning to lose weight? You don't go to the gym and you have horrible eating habits.

Himself: It could happen.

Me: Right.

Himself: Fine. I'll just die then.

Kelly: Well, we're not burying you in jeans, that's for sure.

:-)

I stayed home from church today. I originally planned on staying home with Glenna, but she insisted she was fine and had only coughed four times. I sent her with meds, tissue, and clear warnings to stay away from everyone. It was too late for me to hit the shower, so I stayed home and did some cleaning. There's a bridal shower this afternoon, so I'll try to be human-like for that.

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker