Saturday, April 19, 2008

Before, During, and After

It was spa day for the W ladies! Can you guess whose toes these belong to?


It seems that whenever we get our hair cut, it's a remarkable, dramatic event. The truth is, we rarely remember to go get a haircut, so when we finally do, WOW! What a difference!

Ok, and so we DO like shocking our friends with dramatic changes. Who doesn't?


Glenna was up first:

Before: Note the long, scraggly looking hair. This girl would step out of the shower, comb her hair, and within minutes it would look like she never touched it. Still, she wears a smile! She knows Ruthie will give her just the right cut.


Having someone else shampoo your hair is as close to heaven as we'll get here on earth. Ahhhh.


Kelly has donated her hair before, but this would be a first for Glenna. Because of Taylor's illness and the need for so many, both girls decided not to let their hair go to waste. They even agreed to a shorter cut so they'd be able to donate.


I love the look on Glenna's face, here!


This is for you, Tay! We love you!


Glenna was practically giggling the entire time. Although those aren't MY toes in the first picture, I was indeed getting a pedicure during Glenna's cut. Kelly took the pictures. That's how much faith I have in our Ruthie . ... I didn't even need to be there!


Still smiling!


Biggest smile!


This is the part I wish someone would do for me each day. Please? Anyone? I mean on me, not Glenna . . .

Ok, here comes the unveiling. Drum roll, please . . .






Cha

Cha


Cha!!!

She came walking around the corner where I was getting a pedicure and I'm sure the entire salon heard my reaction. I love it! I started weeping because it made her look so much older. My Baby girl!


After my pedicure, Michelle offered to paint Glenna's toenails. Yes, those are hers in the first picture.


Now it's Kelly's turn!





Before: Kelly's hair is long and thick. She really wanted to take advantage of the thickness and get a cut that could accentuate the positivity.


Unlike her mother, whose hair has no positivity. And her sister, who has her mother's hair, but manages to look cute with it. Unlike her mom.


Meanwhile, Glenna has moved on to her manicure. Who is that sophisticated young lady with the darling hair, manicure, and glass of wine/apple juice? May I have her autograph?



Kelly's turn for the close-to-heaven part.


She had no problem making the 10 inch requirement for Locks of Love. I'm telling you, this girl's hair can grow.

We love you, Tay!


Ruthie went right to work on Kelly. I could tell this was fun for her. She was cutting and snipping and checking and slashing and razoring and thinning and doing all the wonderful things I was always too scared to do!



Kelly is more than excited, here. She hasn't really seen it yet, but she already knows she loves it.

Uh huh, uh huh. . . yeah, yeah . .




I want you to notice the lady getting her hair done behind Kelly. She was so involved in this entire process. She even made her stylist wait at the shampoo bowl while she was watching Kelly and Ruthie.





See what I mean? She was cracking us up there.





Aaaaand, the final unveiling . . . . .






WOW!!!



I loved the whole day with my girls. We rushed over to the W's and then had lunch together. After a day at the spa, one must not go directly home, of course!


Waaaiiiit a minute, waaiiiit a minute . . . . . .

Something's not quite right.



Is Kelly taller than I am?????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful!
How can Kelly be so lovely when she has wet hair flying this way and that?
I especially love the one where she's checking out her new hairstyle for the first time!
And Glenna's haircut looks exactly like she had described it to me. Cute as can be!

Ah! Mrs. W, this post makes me want to go see Kim now! And I had just decided to wait on the haircut. ><

Bagel Two said...

You...look...mahvelous. The Three Graces. Yes, I do believe she is taller than you. Dad's contribution, perhaps. I'm in tears myself. Your beautiful babies all growed up. How proud you must be!

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! All three of you! Kelly is stunning 24/7. I saw that budding beauty in your little one - in previous photos my crowd has said she looks like Lucy from Narnia. And I beg to differ about your hair... I remember thinking at the campout "How does she get up out of a tent and look so good?"


You make a spa day look like so much fun - I've never had the guts to try it. I really would rather wash my own hair and having someone else hold onto my toes is such a high price to pay for cuteness! ;-)

Rebekah said...

Those are gorgeous hair cuts! They look so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mamacita, I believe Kelly is taller =D

I'm so happy for you ladies and your spa day! Sounds like a blast =) And I'm glad you ran over to my house afterward...may I say again..GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker