Saturday, April 12, 2008

One step forward, two steps back

I feel so useless. I have this continual, dull headache that gets stronger on occasion. I want to stay in bed!

I took Midol for cramps and belatedly realized it has caffeine in it, so while I had been making strides on the Excedrin leaving my system, I now have the caffeine headache (two days now). The book says this process should take a couple of weeks.

Would everyone just put life on hold until then? Please?

The irony - I have to go to a tea today. I'll be drinking water and passing on the chocolate. If it weren't for Kelly and Kate singing a duet, I wouldn't even go.

4 comments:

Bagel Two said...

I wish I had that universal remote for life; I would pause it for you. Misery, misery. Confound those sneaky Midol chemists. (And who's been watching PBS's Jane Austen series?)

A homeopathic medicine fan told me once that if you pinch the area of your nose that is right between your eyes, you stun the nerves and relieve your headache. It sometimes works. I don't know if it applies to migraines. Do you have an acupunturist?

Mrs said...

Later this afternoon I actually started feeling much better. I not only survived, but enjoyed, a trip to the mall with Kelly, then dinner, then I was still up to hit Ross!

I wish it were that simple, but I'm finding out so much about migraines. I feel hope is on the horizon!

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear you've been feeling poorly. :(
...But glad to hear you had an enjoyable day!
Naturally, I assume the girls did wonderfully at the tea?

By the way, I'm feeling good enough that I might stop by and take you up on that offer from the last post. ;)

BT - Is it still airing? I was upset because I thought I'd missed it!

Bagel Two said...

Jess-- it is all over except the happy-sad tears here in Ohio. It ran (I think) from Feb to last Sunday. They played some of the recent movies made, plus some PBS original versions of some of the novels. It was cheesecake TV. Now they are having somewhat similar stuff like 'A Room With A View.' Still pretty good, though not Jane.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker