Monday, August 24, 2009

Tone it Down, Will You?

We're off to an interesting start with Florida Virtual School.

For Kelly's Geometry class, she was asked to write a paragraph using geographical terms to describe a room in a photo. Her teacher's response:

"First of all, this is the most well-written paragraph I have ever received for this assignment! However, could you make the writing simpler so the math can show through?"

What can I say? English is her strongest subject. Math, clearly, is not.

3 comments:

BA said...

That's great!

Unknown said...

Now this just makes me sad. If one is forced to do math, he should at least be given liberty to describe mathematical things eloquently. Some find the bare essentials of math downright ugly! Why not use math as a way to strengthen English skills?

(For instance, when I'm doing math, I employ a wide variety of adjectives!)

Mrs. R said...

Kelly and Jessica,

You both make me smile.

Write On!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker