Friday, August 21, 2009

The Toolbox

Today as I was making lunch and doing dishes, I came to realize that my kitchen is just a giant toolbox.

Well, that's an exaggeration. My kitchen isn't a giant at all. I guess instead of the deluxe mega-toolbox that must men drool over, my kitchen could be compared to the small, multi-drawered version that sits on a tool bench. You know; nothing fancy, but basically everything needed.

One thing that makes Himself and our son crazy is people who don't take care of their tools. Whether that person is a paint contractor or a band-mate, his equipment needs to be in tip-top shape and ready to get the job done.

The other thing that makes them crazy is when people mess with THEIR tools and equipment. Use it, yes, but clean it and put it back!

Which brings me to my kitchen.

It is my hope that the family will eventually see the kitchen as my tool box. Use it, yes, but clean it and put it back. These are my tools, people! My tools need to last me a long time and can only last if they receive proper care.

Think it will work?

5 comments:

agable said...

You crack me up :) But yes, I see your point. I'm funny about people touching my cooking utensils too :)

BA said...

A mother can only hope...

Glenna W. said...

I'm not getting the vision. ;)

Glenna W. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the Provident Woman said...

I totally hear you on that.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker