Wednesday, September 29, 2010

An Observation

At my new job, I've been learning a million and forty new things at once. It's exciting and challenging and I'm completely unqualified! I'm so thankful for my last 12 years of home schooling or I would feel like a complete idiot.

Dentistry is so interesting when I really get down to the nitty-gritty. I've had so many proceedures done on my own teeth that I almost know the steps and can follow along.

Oh. So that's what that was that made my head buzz like I just put it on a belt sander!

The team at the office do everything they can to make a patient feel welcomed and relaxed. Let's face it - there are those who are pretty nervous when it comes to dentistry. There's even people in my own house who feel this way.

Sometimes, patients will be given nitrous oxide to help calm their nerves before a shot or a proceedure. In fact, there's someone in my own house who requests this each time, though I won't give out any names.

The observation I've made on the nitrous oxide is pretty astute. The only people I've seen request it, so far,


are grown men.

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker