Saturday, December 29, 2007

Look Where We Stayed!

I know my first post about Arkansas should be about my Dad's house, but I couldn't pass an opportunity to brag on my other family . . . my church family!


Tired and worn from a grand time at Dad's, we arrived on Edith's door in the evening. She excitedly showed us around the home that only God could have given them. It was adorable! She showed us from room to room, and when we got to the kitchen she clasped her hands together and gushed, "See, JoAnna? I told you I was His favorite!"

One of Edith's mantras is, "God loves you, but I'm his favorite." As I looked at their home, perfectly suited for mother, daughter, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, I was starting to agree.

Edith had supper ready for us. The table was set with beautiful dishes, and I never saw her do it. We unloaded our things from the Escape and then sat down to supper. When we all held hands and prayed, I could have cried.

At Dad's, we didn't impose prayer upon them but respected Dad as the head of his household. I would notice each of my children (as well as Himself) close their eyes for a brief moment in prayer before eating (more on this later). As Edith spoke aloud to our Heavenly Father, thanking Him for our safe journey and time with Dad, I felt myself grounded and anchored and slowly being made whole again. I simply cannot describe how good it felt to pray with Edith.

Next time we go, and if any of Circle head there, plan on at least two DAYS with Edith and Marie! They have plenty of room and are so excited to have visitors!

Here are some pictures:

This was taken in Edith's own little sitting room, right off her bedroom. The bookshelves you see are only one small shot of the tons of books! Kelly and I could be found browsing the shelves, drooling. Glenna was curled up on a chair with Narnia. Edith gave a book to Kelly, 31 Days of Praise, and endorsed it for her.

You see that Edith and Marie are still unintentionally dressing alike. :-D




From the front door, this is a shot of their living room into the dining room. See the two clocks? Edith wound up the one in the dining room while we were there, but they've been so busy, they haven't even wound the clocks yet. I was amazed at how "moved in" they were. They arrived in September; they're not only unpacked, but decorated for Christmas!




Here's the living room. It was so cozy to sit and chat with them! The fireplace will take a lot of work to make it an actual working fireplace. I've been in Arkansas now in the winter, so the fireplace would be my priority!



This is the only outside shot I have. When I woke in the morning, Edith took me around to each window to "see what God has painted for us this morning." When you leave this house, you will have been fed and refreshed in every way. Plus, you'll be sorry you're leaving!



Lastly --

Everyone who knows Ty, knows that mornings are not his forte (he takes after his mother, poor kid). He bravely woke and placed himself in front of the fresh eggs, muffins, bacon, and drinks prepared for us. The following conversation between he and Marie was so amusing:


"Ty, would you like some eggs?"
"Um, no, I'm not really into eggs in the morning."
"Bacon?"
"No, I don't think so."
"Muffins?"
"No. . . "
"Fellowship?"
"Yes, Please!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable house! Looks like the perfect place to stay to rest up before your big travels.

Kelly told me about the wall of floor-length bookshelves; I've always longed for those! (It's the library Josh told me I could have when I married the Beast! Hahaha ;)

Bagel Two said...

It's a beautiful house; and everyone so obviously happy to be there. Fellowship sounds wonderful in the morning!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker