Friday, December 07, 2007

T & T Games

In November, I attend my last required AWANA T&T (Truth and Training) Games. What a doozie it was! The team won first place at their circle and second place over all. We always have so much fun when we go, but boy, does it take a lot of energy! One year I had Ty in JV, Kelly in T&T, and Glenna in Sparks. I think that was the year we invested in a cushioned stadium seat.


I wanted to include a video of one of the events, so I found the tug of war. Here's a picture of Glenna and Katherine H. getting into position. They're the ones in green, and Glenna has the darker jeans and darker ponytail. Look at some of those girls! Giants in red and white! Do they even stand a chance?




Make sure you catch Katherine's dramatic collapse at the end. ;-)

If I attend any more T&T Games, it will be to cheer on others. I was talking to Himself the other day and I was thinking; how great would it be if our church began to rally behind the youth like they did back in the day? What if the entire church body turned out for things like AWANA games, or even their school basketball, volleyball, or swim meets?

How loved would a youth feel to know his entire church was rooting him on? How eager would he feel to move away from a community like that?

I feel we should post school events at our church, and everyone who can should attend. Himself and I LOVE to watch basketball and volleyball on the high school level. We love learning the names of everyone on the team and yelling our loudest. It's so exciting, and something we could do with the whole family. Glenna is starting basketball right now, and Kelly will play softball in the spring.

Of course for us, our son's "game" is a rock concert. What's not to love about that?

:-D

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker