Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dinner

As many of you know, I'm not afraid to try new things. This is especially true when it comes to preparing meals for my family.

For a couple of years, I did the 30 Day Freezer Cooking with my friend CP. I loved it! I loved spending the day with my friend as we prepared the meals, then my freezer was stocked for the next 30 days with suppers. All I had to do was pull out a meal the night before and add a side dish. Nice!

Then as our family tastes began to change (read: become pickier), I heard about Menu Mailer. I've done this one probably the longest. Each week I had a menu, grocery list, and recipes emailed to me. I simply printed the grocery list, crossed off the things I already had, and went to the store. Once again I didn't have to guess what was for dinner. I loved it! I saved a ton of money because I didn't buy unnecessary items. I even got to the point where I did two week's worth at one time since Himself is paid twice monthly. Nice! I've probably done this for four years if not longer.

Tomorrow I set out on a new dinner adventure. I'm going to Dinner A'Fare. It's one of those places where you order your meals on line, then on the appointed day you go to their kitchen and assemble the meals. Once again, I'll have two weeks worth of meals in my freezer, ready to go! They do all the shopping (we save money because they buy in bulk), prep work, and clean up! Each station has a recipe, assembly instructions, and ingredients. You put everything together and store it in their refrigerator until you're finished, then you put everything in the freezer when you get home.

After I checked their pricing, I realized it's well within my budget for groceries. The whole assembly process should take only two hours. They invite you to make an appointment with your friends and have a party!

My friend BA is going with me on November 4th to a similar place called Super Suppers. While this one seemed a little more costly, I'm anxious to see which one I like the best. We're not going to assemble an entire two weeks of meals, we're just going to their tasting party. For $5.00 you can check them out and take an assembled meal home at the end of the evening. I'm looking forward to it!

Himself and I plan on trekking to the Farmer's Market on Saturdays to support the local farmers by buying their produce. I feel so . . . so . . . YUPPIE. Just like our Aunt Mary Ann! ;-) We did it last Saturday and enjoyed our morning together. Florida is finally getting some beautiful weather.

Speaking of Aunt Mary Ann, further installments of An Irish-Catholic Tale will be coming soon. Where are they now? What became of Chet and Rosie's children and grandchildren? Find out!

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker