Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How to Capture a Tyler on Film

Many of you recall this lovely photo, taken by Jessie's mom the night of the costume party.


I want you to note Tyler's cooperative pose, cheerful smile, and overall willingness to capture the moment for posterity. This is what happens when the lovely Jess is added to the equation.


It was a completely different scene at our house the day before. We hadn't yet found the bow tie and his hair wasn't slicked back. He had tried everything on for effect, though.


Notice his hand stretched out in frustration. You're taking my picture? I'm on the PHONE here. What are you doing?


Stop trying to take my picture already.

Look, if you'll just cooperate, I could
get a picture and then you'd be done with it. Stop telling me to stop taking your picture! I'm your mother.


Fine. How's this?
Ok, hold it . .. Ack! It's blurry! And that's not a smile, that's a grimace. Could we try one more time! Drat this camera, it's taking forever. . . .


No, I'm done, I'm heading upstairs.


Wait! Come on, Ty, just one more try.



Mom, I'm done.
I think if you just sit still for one second, I almost have it. Let me adjust the setting and then I'll have it. This will only take a sec . . . .


Ok, you're done. I see that. In fact, I'm done too. Never mind.

So, the secret to capturing a Tyler on Film is to have a Jessie nearby. And a better camera. One with a speed shutter or something, because he was smiling and laughing between each of these!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope not just any Jessie does the trick!
;)

Matt said...

Hahahah.....yes such can be difficult. I'd say having a Jessie around is the way to go, the easier way to go:)

Anonymous said...

i am laughing hysterically here.... Ohhhh my gosh!!!!!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker