Friday, October 17, 2008

Two

Two -- That's the number of my children who need braces.

Two sets of orthodontist appointments.

Two sets of down payments.

Two monthly payments.

Two daughters with beautiful teeth who won't have bite problems and potential tooth loss in the future.

That's what they say.

My mom paid for my braces (THANKS, MOM!) and I have avoided some periodontal pitfalls because of it (THANKS, MOM!).

One daughter is doing so begrudgingly . . . she sees the necessity and is willing to put all effort into having them on for as short a time as possible.

The other daughter thinks the whole thing is cool and can't wait to get them.

Yes, the other daughter is delusional. I remember my mouth being so sore after tightening that I couldn't even bite a piece of lettuce.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading this I had a dream I had to get braces!

My advice to K & G:
if you've got to have them on, go all out with exciting colors!

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

I couldn't eat for a WEEK after I got mine put in! (but I lost 7 lbs, so I was okay with it. LOL)

Yeah, no fun. No popcorn or caramel apples (or apples at all, unless sliced), or gum or...it was rough.

Anonymous said...

Who want them???

Mrs said...

anonymous, it's a secret. ;-)

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker