Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ty and Jess

My son does not read my blog. I'm kind of counting on that right now! He's convinced that I write every single thing that ever happens for the sole purpose of embarrassing him. That's just not true!

I only write half of every single thing that happens. He should be glad for all the things I don't write. May I hear an amen?

Ty and Jess have been dating since June. (Do you see how long I waited before writing that on my blog? I should get an award!) Our family has a no-dating-while-in-high school policy, so he waited until he graduated from high school in '07, then he waited patiently another year for her to graduate before he even said anything to her. We couldn't be happier that they're dating!

Last night was a costume/birthday party. As if waiting and waiting weren't enough to show Jess how much he likes her, dressing up for a costume party should confirm it! I know I'm probably beating Jess to the punch by putting this picture on my blog before she can put it on hers, but here it is!


They went as a 1950's high society couple. Don't they look great? Jess wore this dress to her high school graduation, then she hit an estate sale this week and found the hat and gloves!

Ty and I went thrift store shopping. The vest he already had in his closet. We found this Pierre Cardin tuxedo, shoes, belt, and tuxedo shirt for a TOTAL of $36.00! It wasn't hard to pay that amount for something he could hopefully use again. Everything fit him perfectly! He was in such a happy mood that shopping was so easy. Little does he know how RARE it is to find what you want on the day you want it . . . I hope he doesn't think that's normal. I tried to do that little front flip thing my mom used to do to my brothers with his hair. I used a ton of gel, but it just wasn't going to cooperate. (He actually looked killer with the tux and his rock and roll hair, but we were going for the time period.)

I wonder how many 1950's high society couples have gauges in their ears?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh he's sooo handsome and Jess, beautiful.

Rebekah said...

That sounds SO fun! What a lovely couple. I love the 1950's look. Their costumes are perfect for it!

Matt said...

That's nice of you...they are dressed so nicely:)! That's so cool that they waited to date the way they did! You should be proud and both are great people! Thanks for the update!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker