Sunday, February 08, 2009

Frozen

This is as winter as it gets in Florida.


Glenna braved the cold on my behalf in order to get these shots:





When we go to marine science, Mrs. R is ready with hot chocolate and all sorts of goodies (including the best hummus ever according to both Glenna and Kelly).
Kelly has been dying to wear this jacket. She bought it at PacSun and fell in love with it. It will last her forever, too, since jackets don't get worn out in Florida!



The Kate! I love the Kate. I. Just. Do.




While Kelly is studying marine science, Glenna does a sewing class with Mrs. G. (I usually put my nose in a book or work on my AWANA lesson). Here, the sewing class had escaped to the outdoors:
If we can't see her, then she can't see us! She'll never know we're here. Note: Bekah R. is the one without shoes in the cold. She's usually the one without shoes, anyway!



It's so unusual to see them so bundled up!



Here's my solidly frozen bird bath:




God knew what He was doing when He sent us to Florida. I sure don't like to be cold.





The one bonus to colder weather is that it encourages the azaleas to bloom! Mine bloom later than most because they're in the shade.


It's beautiful and in the 70's today! Thank You, Lord!


(An aside: This weekend when I tackled Mt. Neverrest, our laundry, I accidentally singed a pair of Himself's pants. I took them out to show him as he was touching up the paint on The Mexican Side Dish. I helpfully pointed out the fact that he had a run on the side of the window. He just as helpfully pointed out that I had singed his pants. 'Nuff said.)

3 comments:

Allie said...

Okay, just saw the Mexican Side Dish: Iain walked in and said, "Oh, DOSE are pretty houses. I want to get closer to DOSE houses."

So there's a vote for you. :)

Mrs said...

WELL, if IAIN likes it . . . that makes all the difference!

Anonymous said...

Mmm homemade hummus...
I need to get with Mrs. R pronto!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker