Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Tuesday is Guest Star Day!

I didn't have a post for today until I read this article.

Oh please read it. Please do. Especially if you're in high school or about to be in high school, or you're in college. Or maybe you have a high schooler/college kid/jr. high kid and you want some key information on what your child may be thinking about music. Or maybe you love/hate music.

The author, Bob Kauflin, makes 10 key points. Especially good are points 1 through 10.

Seriously. I want my entire church to read it, but especially anyone who thinks they know anything about music.

1 comment:

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Great guest post! I already know that what I know about music would fit on the head of a pin with room to spare... but I enjoyed the perspective of this post. My taste is pretty eclectic and I find myself listening to different styles based on my activities - thinking = classical, major road trip driving = Chris Rice, cleaning = sound track to Top Gun, etc. I grew up in a church where hymns were played like dirges and that left some bad associations so I'm really enjoying some of the new arrangements of those old hymns.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker