Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Scene of Agony

My eyes blink open at 3 am.

I can hear voices in the living room, so I know that Tyler and his friends are still enjoying the celebration of his birthday.

This gladdens my heart. It's been too long since he's had 3a.m. conversations with friends.

I can't get back to sleep, and the torture begins. If I could just read a while, I know I could go back to sleep. Turning on the light would be unfair to Himself, though.

I realize I have to go to the bathroom and I could use something to drink. I don't dare make an appearance outside my room, since that would break up the party!

Blink. Blink.

The most agonizing part, however, is that I can hear their voices, but I can't hear what they're saying! What mom wouldn't want to know what they were talking about so earnestly?

Blink.

Desperately, I turn onto my side. I notice my alarm clock and remember that the display panel is on dim. Maybe . . .

Four a.m. found me huddled around my alarm clock, using it's brighter red light to read. Sleep finally came at 5, then I had to be up at 7 to do the science carpool.

There's no guessing on who will be taking a nap today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ty took a nap at my house today while I went grocery shopping and cooked dinner.
;)

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker