Thursday, April 08, 2010

Straight on Until Morning

I went to the Casting Castle and was fingerprinted today. No more inky fingers - a small scanner instantly records each print and sends it off to the FBI. They'll know all about me within 24 to 72 hours. Isn't that amazing? As far as I know, there's nothing to tell. There's no accounting for the time spent in alien abduction, however, and besides; that was all BT's idea.

While walking into the casting castle, I passed some landscapers who were obviously from Africa. I couldn't help but admire the smooth sound of their voices and language. It was so beautiful! When one of the men responded to another in a rich baritone, I wanted to stop, sit in the shade of a tree, and simply listen.

In the lobby were peoples representing diverse countries and cultures. Made me wonder how on earth I was selected for employment? Maybe I'm just the Caucasian. I was given a book that informed me that I was to dress according to "The Look." My hair cannot be purple and neither can my eyeshadow. I violated three parts of the dress code by having two earrings in one ear, open-toed shoes, and denim pants. (Hey! I thought it was dressy with heels and a red blazer!) Good thing it was all right to violate the dress code for the fingerprinting, but I must have "The Look" when I attend the 8 hour orientation known as Traditions!

Work (by attending Traditions) begins on April 17th.

Come on everybody, here we gooooooooo!

2 comments:

agable said...

I'm excited for you!

Unknown said...

The mustache requirements were my favorite!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker