Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Job Watch

So, John comes home and talks about this new job possibility with his current company. Evidently, he came up with some brilliant ideas that his company wants to pursue. There will be only 4 people on this team nationwide, and he'd be one of them. This would probably mean a lot more travel for him.

So far, his company has delivered on all its promises. This is both exciting and scary! I don't know why I haven't learned to trust God in all things yet. I know full well I can trust him with this as well. I can't help but fear the unknown a little. As he was describing all of this to me, I suddenly invisioned myself as a single parent (not because he'll leave us, but because he'll not be home). His job is pretty consuming right now and I already feel 85% (or more) of the burden of raising our children, because I'm home schooling, I guess.

Part of me feels I'm his "Helper Suitable" and I'm here to enable him to do whatever he needs to do. This could be an exciting career move for him! I know he'd be doing what he loves the most, and he'd do what he's been training to do for the last 20 years.

The other part of me feels like this has danger potential. I know how driven he can become. I know how hard it will be for him to take time off regularly. I'm concerned about it damaging our relationship as well, which is just beginning to mend over a pretty rough year.

Psalm 3:5, anyone?

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker