Monday, November 19, 2007

Drumroll, Please

. . . .the van has been recovered!

I returned home from church yesterday, and there was a message from Bonnie and Howard. They thought I should be the first to know! The only damage noted so far is to the ignition.

Last night was our annual Thanksgiving service at church. In the past, each family brought food to the church to share with those in need. There was an open microphone, and anyone who wanted to could go up and speak about what God had been doing in their lives. After the time of sharing, each family brought their food onto the stage, then knelt or stood and prayed together. The food was then distributed.

I haven't gone up in years, but I wanted to publicly thank God not only for the van's recovery, but for answered prayer in JV. I desperately needed help (or I wouldn't be able to do it this year). God answered prayer when BA and ML signed on for the job. They're such a perfect fit! I'm so thankful and JV is a pleasure with them there. I'm also thankful for Rebecca H, Zach S, and Paul H, our Leaders and LIT's. A true dream team.

This year, instead of bringing 40 cans of canned yams, the families were asked to bring gift cards in the amounts they would normally spend. There was a basket on stage and we all filled it with Publix gift cards. It was easier, and I'm sure the families who need it will be able to use the cards more effectively than the 40 cans of canned yams. Nice!

I'm sure looking forward to a week off. It's 10:00 and I'm still in my jammies. Kelly has history co-op tomorrow, but that's it.

Do any of you ever get so busy that you schedule sleep? I've been planning on sleeping in today since last week! Ok, I have to take Himself to the airport Tuesday, have to drive the Biology carpool on Wednesday, have things to do on Thursday, have to pick up Himself on Friday in the morning, do Kate's hair on Saturday, church on Sunday. . . . so MONDAY I'll sleep in. And that's what I did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the recovered van!!!!! We had a great time with you all the other night. Enjoy your week off and your Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Friday! Friday is the day I plan to sleep in! That's great they found the van!

We just had the best Thanksgiving service at youth group! I made everybody do the whole "God is good...all the time!" thing with me! :D

Did I mention how beautifully your daughter sang? :D :D :D

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

I love that Thanksgiving service!

Sometimes when I get up and have a busy day or week ahead, I plan a nap. I don't often get it but it makes me feel better just to plan it. Silly mind games.

Bagel Two said...

It's absolutely necessary to schedule sleep! I find myself making little bargains with myself, too: If you finish this now, you can sleep an hour later tomorrow. Good luck with that!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker