Friday, November 23, 2007

Safety

Yesterday, the house across the street was broken into. Missing are laptops and digital cameras, electronics.

I thought this neighborhood was quiet!

No offense to Jack, but I felt a lot safer when we had a large dog around, barking her deep bark and letting people know someone was home.

I think the only thing saving us now is we're mostly home all day, plus with various vehicles it's hard to tell if anyone IS home.

Yesterday! Thanksgiving day!

We not only have laptops, digital cameras, and electronics, but we also have musical equipment (you know, the stuff I vacuum around and trip over?). These boys have worked so hard to pay for these things. It would be devastating to have a break-in.

I hate this feeling! I wish I could say like Bonnie when her van was stolen, "It's the Lord's van! He can do what He wants with it!"

Come to think of it, this isn't the first time that house has been broken into.

I hate this.

7 comments:

Bagel Two said...

I'm so glad Bonnie's van came back--I love her quote! Hang in there, J. Don't borrow trouble--or in better words, let go. You and your family may love those things, but they don't love back! I know (really, I do,) how much time and effort and money have been invested in those things, and how much they add to your life experience. But consider my Grama--reduced to letting go of everything, and now, finally, of the last thing. It's the people that are important. We love you. And we can even help you get more things! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

Did you think I was a robber when I surreptitiously peered through the blinds last night? :D

Mrs said...

Heh heh. . . the giggles gave you girls away, Jess!

BT, do you think I could get them to selectively steal things? I can think of a lot of things I would like to get rid of, but can't for whatever reason!

Bagel Two said...

Well, you could leave signs on stuff, saying:

"Please take me, I still work, and have a good resale value!"

"Don't take me--I'm very temperamental and prone to viruses"

Anonymous said...

it is kind of freaky when i play outside knowing that people break into houses in the nieghborhood. gives me the chills.

Mrs said...

Not as creepy as the English Teacher's Kid not using proper capitalization!

Didn't I send you to bed? ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOL...goobie and momma comments...

i'm not using caps either so she won't feel so picked on. =) heehee

did they ever find out who broke in?

and tickle me emo is pretty funny for sure!!

and did you get my Christmas card? i did send one to you, i think?

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker