Monday, November 05, 2007

El Chico Always Grins

As I mentioned in a previous post, there was a day when the youth group service project was cancelled, so we hung out at the church until prayer time.

Some of them played cards. I was wondering if I should join them or just give commentary from the peanut gallery. That's when I started to notice something interesting happening in the background. I love when something interesting happens and I actually have a camera with me!


Not playing cards were Pablo and El Chico. Pablo's wearing a hat. Usually, when this look appears on El Chico's face, something's about to happen. You can almost count on it. Right now, he's trying to convince Pablo of a scheme, and Pablo's trying to see the reason in it (or just get the rules right, one or the other. Pablo's usually pretty game).


The plan was evidently to play air hockey, but to alter the rules a little. Personally, I wouldn't want my face so close to the puck! Note the girls in the foreground, oblivious.


Evidently, sitting was too tame even for Pablo and El Chico. Standing became the next stage of the program. Understand; the whole time they're doing this, they're talking non-stop. They were talking about anything and everything, with the occasional punctuation about the game thrown in.



I'm smiling because I know something you don't know; I am not left-handed!



El Chico always wins! At this point, you can see Kelly (foreground, white shirt) finally notice what they're doing. The rest of the girls are still playing cards, clueless. I love to be a little fly on the wall when around these guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to join a dancing class! I'll have to talk to my mom, but I don't have anything after the prayer meeting. Thanks!
Oblivious is my middle name. If you didn't have pictures to prove it, I might not believe that all of this was happening! (Except for the fact that I have an imagination and can easily picture the scenario!)

Thanks for saying hi tonight! :D
John 10:27-29 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."
P.S. Glad we're on the same page =P

Mrs said...

Most definitely on the same page! Forgive my blurtings, but discussing theology definitely sends me back to the Word so I know why I take the stands I take . . . I believe I had R confused with parts of the TULIP. You know, their interpretation of the whole P part, Perseverance of the saints. True Calvinists will call me a heretic, but I only agree with about three of the 5 points.

I remember after we spent three years on theology (I kid you not!) I wrote my doctrinal statement at the top of my notes. I need to find that again! LOL

Hold that thought on talking to your mom. We're not set on a day yet.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker