Thursday, January 24, 2008

Amusements

Kelly tried to get away with not doing school today. Picture crossed arms, the stomping of feet, and a pouty bottom lip. I was of course forced to make her obey, so I jumped up and started mock-spanking her while she pretended to cry.

Suddenly, Jack the Schnauzer raced to the rescue! He barked at me and jumped at me and demanded I leave his girl alone.

Glenna's comment: Great, Jack. Now we know we'll be safe if anyone comes in and tries to spank us.


Ty came searching around the back of the house today. This is unusual.

"Don't we have a ladder?"
"Daddy took it to the shop. We have a small one in the garage. What do you need?"
"Nothing."

Curious, I helped him find the small ladder. He was determined to get on the roof.

"What's up there?"
"Nothing."
"Is there something on the roof I don't know about?"

No reply.

As he boosted his lanky frame onto the roof, I spotted it. My boy was packin' heat! The butt of his BB gun was poking out of his pocket.

It was then that I understood. The squirrel who found the hole in our roof, who lives in the attic and runs around at (to Ty) ungodly hours . . . . his days are numbered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You guys are so great! ;)

Anonymous said...

GO TY GO!!

-Rachel

Anonymous said...

First let me say that I have subscribed to you in my RSS, so I should be a more frequent commenter. =)

Secondly, I completely understand Ty's frustration. We had squirrel problems in our FL house. Hubby thought they were cute. He thought picking our attic/crawlspace was like living in a condo instead of a nest.

It was when I was pregnant with #4...I had a very high sensitivity to smells at the time. It wasn't cute when one DIED up there and the only one who could smell it was ME!! I did not know what the funk was, just that when I stood in the right spot in the living room, I would almost pass out from the pungency of it.

It took about a week of me asking in perplexity, "Can't you SMELL that?!!" before hubby walked down the stairs one morning and said with certainty, "That's a dead animal."

He had to cut a hold in the wall to get the sucker out.

I hope Ty takes yours out before you have to go through the walls to find him...

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker