Saturday, January 19, 2008

Lovely Rita

Kathleen and Rita


A message from my mother-in-love, Kathleen:

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS SENT OUT FOR MY SISTER; GOD HAD A PLAN, WE DON'T ALWAYS GET TO UNDERSTAND. RITA TOOK HER LAST BREATH AT 4 AM THIS MORNING, SURROUNDED BY HER 5 CHILDREN, HER FIANCE, AND ALL HER SIBLINGS, (THERE ARE FOUR OF US). IT WAS TOUCHING AND PEACEFUL. WE ARE ALL VERY SAD FOR OUR LOSS, AND WILL BE ACCEPTING GOD'S WILL FOR US. SHE DIDN'T MAKE HER 64TH BIRTHDAY, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN ON FEB.13TH. WE ARE GOING TO CELEBRATE HER LIFE AT A CATHOLIC MASS SAID BY HER GRIEVING BROTHER, TERRY, IN THE CHURCH WE ALL GREW UP IN, ST JOSEPH'S IN (DELETED), AT 7:30 PM ON WED. THE 23RD. WE WILL GATHER IN THE PARISH HALL AFTER. ANYONE THAT WANTS TO MAY COME AND JOIN US.

RITA LEFT US WITH A GREAT EXAMPLE OF A SOBER WOMAN FOR 37 YEARS.

Rita's children are Jennifer, Vicki, Jackie, Chris (only 1 son!) and Shannon, and I know they would appreciate your prayers. Himself and I were trying to add it up last night, but I believe she had 9 grandchildren! They all will have a terrible hole in their lives.


It's amazing how much Kathleen and Rita's lives paralleled each other; both married young, both had five children, both had to leave an abusive relationship, both remarried and were widowed. They grew up together, raised their children together, suffered and triumphed together. I know Mom, Uncle John, Aunt Mary Ann, and Uncle Terry are going to miss her so much! These five stuck by each other through thick and thin, even caring for each other's children when needed.

As I said, Rita (and her siblings) welcomed me right into the family. I had invitations to bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, and birthdays. She would drive down from L.A. to our celebrations as well. She was always so ladylike, and I rarely saw her without a smile. As Himself's sister reminded me on the phone yesterday, she was my Aunt Rita, too.

Thank you to all of you for your kind words and prayers. It is deeply appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi JoAnna,

What a nice picture of your mother-in-law and Aunt Rita. They look so young! Your family are in my prayers.

BA

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker