Sunday, January 13, 2008

Da-Niece

This cutie is my niece, Taylor. She just turned 9! I know that, because she was born the year we moved out here (1998) and I missed seeing her for the first five years of her life. Her Mom just sent me these pictures from their Christmas in Hawaii.



Taylor belongs to my brother, Mark. This is the one who tormented me and did every thing in the "rotten" category of the Older Brother Handbook. He's since apologized. I've forgiven him. However, to this day I can't stand to have anyone pat the top of my head. Thanks, Bro!




I can forgive him because one of the best things he ever did was marry Debbie. Debbie's great! Then, of course, they gave me my niece. Can't fault a guy once he's married a great gal and given you a niece.




Taylor's into all kinds of stuff. I know, because I check her mom's web page to keep tabs on her! I hate having to watch her grow from afar or love her long distance. Still, I know I'm the Auntie, and that gives me some kind of weird ownership. I get to tell her I love her and mean it.


Sadly, I've been neglecting my Auntie duties. It's strange, but Mark and I have never been the type of siblings who need to chat on the phone all the time. I know without a doubt that if I ever needed my brother, he would be there (he's proven this over and over when we lived in CA). I know where I stand with him, and he knows where he stands with me. We have this strange security. We love each other and root for each other, but we don't necessarily tell each other.


I think of Taylor all the time, but I never tell her! I think a little kid needs to know that. I'm sorry, honey. I love you. I've always loved you! You are so precious to me!


Here, Taylor's doing something I've never been able to do. Surf! I used to love to body surf or boogie board, but I could never stand on top of the water like this. Way to go, Tay!


We visited her in California several years ago. She had the flu and it was so comical. She wanted to play with Glenna so badly! She would throw up and then beg me to let Glenna sleep in her bed or play with her. She wasn't about to let that flu keep her down. By the way, everyone in my family got the flu except Glenna.


Right now, Taylor is battling something and we're not sure what it is. In short, she's been sick and had some surgery, and now we're waiting for some test results. I know she's a pistol, and I know she's a fighter. I know she's safely in the hand of God. Still, would you mind praying for her? Prayer changes things, and Taylor needs prayer. There's nothing I can do for her 3,000 miles away except pray.


I'm praying, Taylor, and I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so sorry to hear about Taylor and, yes, our family will definitely be praying.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! Her zest for life is evident even in these few photographs!

I pray God would encourage her heart and grant strength to all her family during this time.

"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." -Hebrews 4:16

Bagel Two said...

This is the first I've heard (that I remember) that you have a niece, Taylor. She is gorgeous! All my love to you and her.

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Definitely praying!!!

Dawn

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker