Tuesday, January 15, 2008

When it Rains . . .

Three of the five tests for cancer have come out negative for Taylor! We are thankful and optimistic. Now, they're leaning towards an infection. Prayers so appreciated!

Learned today that Himself's Aunt is in the hospital. She is gravely ill with double pneumonia and intubated because she can't breathe on her own. Her name is Rita . . . please add her to your prayers!

Thinking of Aunt Rita today, it's almost as if California is a separate life. Tyler would be the only one to really remember the extended family, and he doesn't. Kelly remembers snippets, like twirling in a dress at a party or a photographer taking her picture at a wedding. Glenna wasn't even two.

So I have this whole other life that my children know almost nothing about. I met Himself's family, married him, and then I was the one who went to the bridal showers and baby showers and really got to know everyone. If I were still in California, I would still be attending the birthdays and celebrations. I miss them!

On our wedding day, at the reception, I remember walking past this table full of beautiful people. I was amazed when they all stopped their conversation to smile and nod at me. What was up with that? Beautiful people don't usually do that to this little country gal. They were so friendly! (Most of them were Aunt Rita's children.)

It was a month before it finally hit me; they stopped and nodded and smiled because I was the BRIDE. You know, the one in the white dress? Veil?

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanking God and anticipating His continued providence in the lives of all your extended family!

Love,
Jess

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker