Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's a Girl!

We have a new dog!


Actually, she's three. Her name is Callie. Jack's not completely sure what to think of her yet.


She's a Dachshund, and she's a-dor-a-ble. She's much larger than we thought she would be, but she's not a mini, she's a standard. Like Ty's car. Only, not purple.





Callie has a tail. It's been a while since we've had to deal with tails! It seems grossly long after Jack's nub. I certain it's just normal. Or standard.


She's very friendly and loves to see what everyone's doing. It's almost impossible to get a good picture of her, since she's always on the move if we're always on the move. Once we settle down, she settles down.


Her previous owners, D and M, have to relocate (thank you, Uncle Sam!) to Louisiana. D thought it was cute to let her jump on him. Thanks, D!


I have thought of getting a dachshund for Glenna for years now. When I heard they were moving, I casually asked if they'd be taking Callie with them. They were so relieved to know she would have a home!




It's also comical to have such a loooong dog around. I can barely fit her into the entire camera frame.



Here, she's pretending to be shy. Kind of like this kid I know, Brett. He about flips when a camera comes out . . . he can't clear the room fast enough! Still, I'm faster. Aren't I, Brett? Huh? Got some pictures of ya, don't I? Huh? Huh?


Ahem . . . sorry.


Still, cute and sweet and calm as she is, I have my suspicions. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, just an intuition that something, maybe, wasn't quite right. Here she is . . .

Calm, quiet, cute.





Then, these pictures revealed the horrid truth!
[cue Psycho music]






That's all I have to say about that.


Up next: Tengo un Tango!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Evil Dog Eyes strike again!

Anonymous said...

Callie's adorable!!!!! Of course, as you know, I'm partial to dachshunds. She'll have to come play with Tootsie. :-)

Mrs said...

Pam, one of Kelly's first comments were, "Now we can be like the M's!"

I actually think she's much larger than Tootsie. You'll have to see her. She's very "solid." Tootsie is more delicate?

Bagel Two said...

What a cutie! I understand from reading jennycrusie's blog that dachshunds have a lot of personality. She apparently wanted to adopt another dog--was offered a dachshund, and ended up with three of them! Dogs must be like chips. (Can't take just one.) Welcome to the family, Callie!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the family addition. She is so cute! Can't wait to meet her!

Sorry I only got to wave at you from a distance last night!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker