Friday, January 18, 2008

Mourning and Dancing

We just received word; Aunt Rita passed away this morning. Please pray for my Mother-in-love, Kathleen. This was her baby sister. To this point, they don't know the cause of her death. We are devastated.

Aunt Rita always made me feel like I was part of the family. She will be dearly missed. She had five children and 6 or 7 grandchildren.


Update on Taylor; Cancer has been 100% ruled out! They suspect a bacteria at this point. Still doing further tests. We are so, so thankful, and we appreciate your prayers.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow. Life is short, my friends! Is there someone you need to talk to, make amends with, or send some love? Please don't put it off!

And please don't put off understanding the message of the cross. To put it bluntly, we all will have an eternity, but it will either be with God, or separated from God. He loves you so much, He simply doesn't want to be separated from you! That's why He sent His Son to die on the cross for your sins, so that you may spend eternity with Him.

Have you placed your trust in Christ, that His death, burial, and resurrection was the payment for your sins? It's honestly that simple. There are no hoops to jump through or penance to pay; Jesus paid it all. He only asks that you believe this in your heart and you will be saved.

I'm sure I may have turned off some readers with this message, but you know what? Life's too short. I love all of you too much to spend eternity without you!

4 comments:

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Oh, soooo sorry to hear that!! I really heard how much you love this precious woman. Her welcoming heart and ready acceptance of you is a legacy that you now extend to others - what a wonderful heritage!

love you!
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder of the brevity of life; this earth is truly not our home! Oh, to hang on to that reality on a day-to-day basis. Recently, I had several reminders of this, attending 2 funerals in the past two weeks and a third one yesterday that I wasn't able to attend! While all around us things are ever changing, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and, yes, forever!!! Hope in the midst of death and grief.

Bagel Two said...

I'm sorry to hear about Aunt Rita--I'm afraid I don't really remember her, except by name. I'm sure I met her. Bless you, Rita, for making J happy while you were here. Such good news about Taylor! I love you, J.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am very sorry to hear this! Your family will be in my prayers all the more!
Remember those books I borrowed from Kelly? I love how they talked about God not only giving us strength, but being the sole source of that strength!
May God be your strength and comfort!


On another note, I'm excited about Tyler's new endeavor. How fun!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker