Monday, August 30, 2010

Martha and Mary: A Familiar Story

Alpha has been a very unhappy lady lately.

When I went to work on Thursday and got to Tower, I noticed that the computer monitor was displaying all sorts of unpleasant messages for Side A. Not only that, but there was a long, handwritten note about what was happening and what to watch out for.

Friday, I arrived at work to hear the entire ride was down and had been down for over three hours.

Saturday, Alpha ran for maybe an hour out of the entire day.

My theory is that Alpha was worn out and overworked and needed a night on the town. In protest, she shut down.

It will be interesting to see if Omega (Side B) decides that Alpha has had MORE than enough attention and decides she wants some attention of her own! I can see her protesting in a Martha kind of way that SHE has been doing all the work while Mary just sits around (or, like in the biblical story, was Mary simply choosing to do what was most important at the moment?).

Hopefully, Martha will rise above such pettiness and shoulder the burden for the both of them, gladly serving despite circumstances.

Either way, I hear there's NEW AUDIO on Space Mountain! Now guests hear different effects when riding. I can't wait to give it a try! I'm going into work early on Thursday just so I can check it out!

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker