Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Worst Part

No one warned me about this particular part of the job. It's pretty unfair.

Step One: I meet all these incredible people. My first opinions quickly dissolve into reality, and they're still incredible people.

Step Two: They start to become important to me. I look forward to seeing them and sharing with them and working alongside them.

Step Three: They leave. They go back to their homes and colleges across the nation.

Last night was the first night I really missed Brieanna. My first days after she left were busy days in positions where I continually walked alll over the mountain. Last night, however, I was at Load 1 a couple of times.

She wasn't at Restraint.

She wasn't at Grouper.

She wasn't coming for lost and found items as Mountain 3.

She's gone.

Ashley's gone, too. I could always turn to wherever she was and be greeted with a big, beautiful smile!

So many have gone home. Last night was Emily's last night and she summed it up so perfectly when she said, "I thought I was just coming to work here a few months. I had no idea you would all be so kind!"

Today, I'm extremely thankful for Face Book.

1 comment:

agable said...

I don't like it when good people have to leave :( Hugs to you today :)

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker