Monday, August 02, 2010

Sleepless on the Sandbar

How is it possible to feel so blessed and so stressed at the same time?

I hate waking at 4 am and not being able to go back to sleep. If there are spelling errors and grammatical errors, blame it on that, please!

We are in the final countdown to Kelly's college orientation and oh, hello! there's a problem with one of her scholarships.

This is not funny.

Kelly and Vincent (our visiting French student) come home yesterday and oh, hello! they reported smoke coming out of the hood of the car.

Also not funny.

My pastor walked into my Sunday school class yesterday, took one look at my face, and then started to chuckle. It wasn't a "ha ha, you look horrible" chuckle, it was a "you poor thing, go back to bed" chuckle. I was so exhausted yesterday! Hate to gross my friends out but I literally got dressed, brushed teeth, and headed to church. I can't remember whether I combed my hair or not.

There are many other things happening at the same time that I can't share yet. God is definitely doing something, but I don't know what! I'm excited and worried, wanting to get to the other side of this as soon as possible. I know He is asking me to trust Him with all things (even scholarships!) and I DO - how do I trust without obsessing about it? How do I trust without losing sleep?

At work, one of my castmates has started calling me Mama. I smile every time she does! She calls me "Space Mama" and laughs when she hears me spiel over the PA after a breakdown, using my Mama voice. (In all fairness, I had given the "get back to your work positions" spiel twice already, and people were still not back in place so we could reopen the ride!)

Did I mention I've been called for jury duty? Yeah, I needed that.

Oh, hello!

3 comments:

agable said...

I hear you! How do you trust God with things without obsessing? If you figure that one out, let me know.
Luckily for everyone at church, you look beautiful no matter what. I do pray you get some sleep though! Sleep is good!

Unknown said...

Praying for you!

Raquel said...

I'm praying too!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker