Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer Scents

The girls and I were at the mall the other day. Bath and Body Works was having their semi-annual BIG SALE, so it was time to stock up!

I have my "summer scent" now; Coconut Lime Vernesia. It smells just like vacation and sun and exotic drinks with little umbrellas. Yum!

Kelly has a new scent, too. I'm not sure, but I think it's Brown Sugar Figs Passion Fruit. I can't decide whether to put her in a dessert or a fruit salad!

Glenna, however, uses whatever shower gel is in there and ignores all things lotion-y. She did find an American Girl pack on clearance (that's my girl) and bought that. It's impossible to describe the scent, other than "clean." I'll take that over "sweaty Glenna" any day!

Kelly, Glenna and I also went shopping for bathing suits. The mall is the WRONG place to do this, and so is Khol's, though we found one for Glenna right away at Sears. There were no modest ones in my size (unless I went over to the "plus size" suits, which I thankfully am not that size). The good news is, I am not a large. The bad news is, I'm wanted to give up bathing suits forever. I tried just getting a top to wear under a shirt, but I am at the age where string bikini tops cut through the flesh and I WON'T wear that, even if it IS under a top. Kelly kept asking if I was all right when she heard the hysterical laughter coming from my fitting room booth. By the way, don't you think "Fitting Room" is a misnomer? I tell you, nothing fit!

Kelly didn't have much luck, either. The only modest top we found for her was $52 (Land's End) and we still weren't sure it would come all the way to her board shorts. Arrrggghhh! We came home and decided to exercise, right after dinner and dishes. Trying on bathing suits will do that!

Yesterday, God directed us to suits fitting our sizes AND our wallets. Hooray for Ross! Hooray for TJ Max! Hooray for Beth Anne, who patiently waited and cheered on our efforts! We're now ready for our vacation, coming up in a few weeks.

Oh, we're no longer going to the cabin posted here. We're sticking to North Carolina, and found a cabin to share with the Liebert's. It's much cheaper than KOA . . . we may never go back! I saved a picture of it, but now I can't find it.

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker