Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Project

What is it about a man wearing a toolbelt?








I can tell you what it means to ME . . . . a project is closer to finishing!

John has been working on the wiring in the classroom. This makes me so happy. VERY happy. I pray I can teach classes without melting or freezing this year. Dare to dream!



This is the storage area, all framed and ready for drywall (or sheetrock, as they call it out here). No, it's not big enough for our storage. I'm trying to talk him into getting a shed. He's most reluctant.






Since the walls were to be covered anyway, all year I encouraged the students to write on them. The messages are so interesting! Song lyrics, movie lyrics, nonsense, even messages from one class to another have all been added. The students liked it so much, some who are returning next year have begged for a wall to write on. I'm thinking of using chalkboard paint, but it will be the wall at the BACK of the class. Too many students sit there, slackjaw, staring at the wall, not hearing a word I say. :-D





This is a flower that Kelly drew. I should have placed an item next to it so the size would be more obvious, but it's bigger than my hand. It's probably bigger than my head, even. Oh, and my congrats grad message to Ty. :-)

I also added a few family slogans, like the one I adopted from the president of DTS for our home school:


My kids like to roll their eyes at that one, but I'm telling you, it's sound theology all the way.


Below is one of my favorites, and it's for all you Anne of Green Gables lovers out there. Recognize it, Jess? I've posted it exactly as it was written.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aha! I found it.

All this talk of the new school room sent me straight to find this post! Now I know I can at least see some of the pre-construction walls. Oh, and Kelly has some pictures of Mae lyrics on her phone. :]

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker